Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bannack Best

"Bannack"
Date and Time: May 25, 2pm; Location: Bannack, MT; f/stop and Shutter Speed: 10.0, 1/125
I gave this a black and white look to make it look like an old town. I lowered the colors in black and white to darken the picture.
"Cowboy"
Date and Time: May 25, 2:15pm; Location: Bannack, MT; f/stop and Shutter Speed: 13.0, 1/320
I wanted to give this a western feel so I added sepia. I set the camera on timer and ran to my spot in front of the camera.
"Flower" Date and Time: May 25, 4pm; Location: Bannack, MT; F/stop and Shutter Speed: 7.1, 1/400
I went for a hike in the hills behind Bannack and saw these flowers. I kept playing with this shot in photoshop but didn't like any of the things I did. I decided to play with HDR and really enjoyed this look.

"Mirror Mirror" Date and Time: May 25, 12:43/2:30pm; Location: Bannack, MT; F/stop and Shutter Speed: 5.6/6.3, 1/125/1/80  I took two pictures and combined them together. I thought about the movie Snow White and the "mirrior mirror on the wall" saying. I didn't add anything to this picture.

"Truck" Date and Time: May 25, 5:15pm; Location: Bannack, MT; F/stop and Shutter Speed: 5.6, 1/500
I wanted a different shot of the truck and really had fun with HDR. I used one of the match colors.
"Bannack" Date and Time: May 25, 4pm; Location: Bannack, MT; F/stop and Shutter Speed: 7.1, 1/400
As you can see I really had fun with HDR. I took this up in the hills behind Bannack. I used a color match for the color
"Spiral Hills" Date and Time: May 25, 4pm; Location: Bannack, MT; F/stop and Shutter Speed: 7.1, 1/400
When I put this into HDR I had to adjust the three photos so they lined up together. When the picture popped up there was a swirl in the picture, while the center was in focus. I thought it had a cool look so I kept it. I didn't change it at all.
"Locked Up" Date and Time: May 25, 1:45pm; Location: Bannack, MT; F/stop and Shutter Speed: 5.0/7.1, 1/60/ 1/100  These two pictures are taken in the jail. I combined them to make the jail seem hard and a place you don't want to stay. I wanted it to look hard and unbreakable. I darkened the picture with the multiply adjustment layer and deleted the rock on the chain.
"Grave" Date and Time: May 25, 7pm; Location: Bannack, MT; F/stop and Shutter Speed: 10.0, 1/160
This is my cemetery shot! I love the angle of this picture and the design in the rocks. I used HDR to give the rocks more color.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome job. I don't know about you, but when we were taking pictures, I kept trying to find places that not everyone would get a picture of. You certainly got some shots that I didn't think to get. My favorite of yours is "Mirror Mirror". It looks so natural, like thats how you how you shot it in the first place. I also really like the "cowboy" picture. I was wishing I had some pictures with me in them, and you got one with yourself. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Houston!! WOw! THey all turned out so good. I love your barrel picture with the grass. Very creative. I love that you had different types of pictures. The one of the whole town, turned out really well. I am know inspired to be more creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Houston, I really enjoyed your pictures. You should make prints and sell them. My favorite is the Bannack Hotel. I once passed through Montana with a buddy of mine and we stopped at this little gas station in Montana. We when inside and it was a perfect picture opportunity which I did not think to take. Two men sitting at a fireplace playing checkers which were on top of a barrel. Classic picture. Wish I asked for permission to take their picture. Anyway, l enjoyed your pictures very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments. I have always loved photography and want to learn all that I can. These pictures were for a class assignment I had 3 years ago. I'm glad that years later someone enjoys my pictures.

      Delete