Monday, June 6, 2011

Borders

"Yellow Flower"
Date: April 27; Location: BYU-I ; F/stop and Shutter Speed: 8.0; 1/250.  After creating a layer mask I played around with different brush strokes and I found a fun one.  After  using the brush to bring back the picture I added text and changed the color of it. 

"Engagements"
Date: April 5; Location: Lehi, UT; F/stop and Shutter Speed: 3.1; 1/150. I wanted to try a border for my engagement pictures and thought a black and white with a vignette would look good. After creating a new layer I used the rectangular Marquee and highlighted the section I wanted visible. I lowered the opacity just a little, but I wanted the edges dark to focus on us.

"Hotel Meade"
Date: May 25; Location: Bannack, MT; F/stop and Shutter Speed: 10.0; 1/250. This picture is similar to the flower shot where I  made  a layer mask and used a brush to reveal the parts of the picture I want show. 

2 comments:

  1. Houston-I like your flower piece with the edge effect. It almost looks like a selection around the flowers, if that makes sense? Anyways I like it! I love your second piece with your finance it is charming and the edge effect, it really just makes to two of you pop! I like the mystery behind Hotel Meade. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did some really cool edge effects Houston! Like Julie, I love what you did with the flowers. The brush effect adds so much to the picture, especially because you followed the original shape. The colors pop, and the text looks nice as well. I might like it better if the text was in the bottom left corner where it would be a little more readable. At the same time though, it sort of creates depth when it overlaps with the picture. Either way, great job this week!

    ReplyDelete